Through training, Rotarians can learn about Rotary and prepare for their leadership roles in order to accomplish much "Service above Self"
Training for club leaders and members consists of many events at both the CLUB LEADER and DISTRICT LEADER levels.
Click here for information from the Rotary International website pages on CLUB LEADER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES.
- District Leadership Academy 2023-2024 DLA Nomination Form
DLA is designed to provide intensive training for Rotarians who are thought to have high potential for future leadership positions within the District.
Prospective members are nominated by clubs and a selection committee selects the new students for each training year. This is a premier program that has been in place for decades and is highly recognized by other Rotary Districts. Click on the underlined link above to learn more about the District Leadership Academy.
Click HERE to learn more about the District Leadership Academy and its curriculum and requirements.
For additional information, please contact DLA Dean & Chair Devrin Kuipers at email@example.com or (865) 599-9145.
- Grants Training Club Qualification Plan Grants training will be held immediately following PETS Orientation. Attendance is required by at least 2 club members to be eligible to receive a district or global grant. Club members may attend two different years. The training will take place on Saturday, October 7, 2023 in Crossville.
- Presidents-Elect Training Seminar (PETS) Orientation
PETS (Presidents-elect Training Seminar. This half-day of training is the initial training step as the District prepares the PEs for their year as presidents. Assistant Governors are expected to attend. All PEs and AGs are asked to register for PETS as soon as possible. This will take place on October 7, 2023.
- Presidents-Elect Mid-South Training Seminar (PETS) (March 14-16, 2024)
Prepares presidents-elect of the District 6780 Rotary clubs for their term. In recent years it has been held during March in Nashville, Tenn., and is jointly held with other districts in the Mid South. PE attendance is mandatory. Click on the underlined link above for more information about the PETS seminar.
- District Team Training Seminar (DTTS)
District 6780 to train PE’s, AG’s and District Committee Chairs meet for leadership training in advance of the District Assembly. The 2020 meeting will be held on Saturday, January 27, 2024 in Crossville at Stone Memorial High School, and attendance is by invitation only.
- Club Leaders Training Assembly (CLTA)
Prepares incoming club leaders and other interested Rotarians for the Rotary year ahead. Clubs can select Rotarians to attend; the target group is the incoming officers, committee chairs, District Officers, and Assistant Governors. Each person attending DTA must register on Dacdb. Find the Calendar tab, locate the event, and click on Register Now. Electronic devices are a must to bring with you in order to get the most out of your training session. The 2024 DTA will be held April 20th at Stone Memorial High School in Cookeville. Opening session starts at 8am CST.
- Assistant Governor's Institute (March 14, 2024)
Trains incoming and current assistant governors in technique with trainers from multiple districts with our Zone. This one day training outlines required reports for the next Rotary year. It generally is held one day before the PETS seminar at the same location.
- August Vibrant Club Seminars (2024 Dates to be Announced)
Prepares club and district leaders along with Interested Rotarians to support vibrant club activities at the club and district levels. Topics will be Membership, Foundation, and Youth Services.
- Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)
- February 24, 2024 - Knoxville/Lebanon
- April 27, 2024 - Cleveland
Contact RLI Chair Teresa Music with any questions
What is Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI)?
- Series of three fast-paced, interactive, one-day courses
- Designed to build knowledge of Rotary. Among others, topics include Membership, Service Projects, and the Rotary Foundation
- Courses are fun, topical, hands-on – Class members learn from each other – No lectures!
- Geared toward busy business professionals who want to be more effective leaders in their vocation and in their Rotary club
- Participants return to their club with new friends, enthusiasm, fresh ideas, & valuable leadership skills
Who should attend?
- New members
- Active Rotarians
- Future club leaders
Click here for information from the Rotary International website pages on DISTRICT LEADER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES.
- Zone-Level Governors-Elect and Governors-Nominee Training Seminars (GETS/GNTS)
Offers incoming RI district governors training on virtually every aspect of successful district-level Rotary leadership at the Zone level during the month of September at a revolving site within the Zone.
- Zone 30-31 Institute:
Brings current and past RI officers up to date on the latest Rotary developments, including RI policies and programs, and provides a forum for suggestions and ideas.
- The 2023 Zone Institute will be held in Memphis TN on September 21-24, 2023.
- Zone-Level District Trainer Programs
Prepares and instructs district trainers in conjunction with Rotary Institutes.