Welcome to the Rotary District 6780 Vision Facilitation web page!
View Dick Hinton's video on the Club Visioning process. Then read Dick's welcome and continue down the page for the documents listed that will get you started with this exciting process.
PDFs and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files are provided below for:
For additional information:
Dick Hinton, Chair
Vision Facilitation for District 6780
A Club Vision Facilitation is a four-hour evening session (often conducted from 5-9 pm on a weekday evening) that assists key leaders and interested members
of a Rotary club in achieving continuity, consistency and consensus.
The facilitation session is intended for all interested Rotarians in your club-from your newest members to your most tenured. The breadth and depth of the facilitation exercise is optimized when club leaders (past, present and future) and member opinion leaders participate.
Our District 6780 Vision Facilitation Team typically commits approximately 25 hours of volunteer time to each event and therefore expects:
1. Attendance at the event by present board members, the current president, president-elect, president-elect nominee, immediate past-president, and two other past-presidents. Their collective involvement is essential.
2. Participants to commit to the entire 4-hour session.
3. The number of Rotarians committed to a session will be no less than 12 for smaller clubs but no more than 30 (to maintain the time schedule and allow fair and full input from all present).
For clubs over 40 members, our team expects attendance to be between 20 and 35. For clubs over 80, we expect 30 members in attendance.
NOTE: Given that the Facilitation Team is volunteering their time and traveling to visit your club, the Team has the latitude to reschedule should the above criteria not be met.
Each club requesting a Vision Facilitation will designate a "Coordinator" who will work with me to provide all the information and direction individual Rotarians will need in preparation for the session.
During the Vision Facilitation session, the team of Rotary Facilitators will lead a process consisting of an overview presentation, a writing exercise, data collection, consensus voting and summary and action plan development.
There are at least three measures of success for clubs that complete a Vision Facilitation:
1. An immediate measure of progress will be the members' pledge and willingness to move the planning processes from a nice-to-do concept to meaningful growth programs for the club, its members, and its community.
2. The second is that the output from this session is woven into the annual plans of the incoming and succeeding Presidents. It will be reflected in the continuity and consistency of programming and leadership in your Club.
3. Finally, the long-term mark of accomplishment will be at the end of five years when your club advances from where it is to where it wants to be.
Just contact me if you're interested in scheduling a Vision Facilitation for your club.
– Dick Hinton, District 6780 Vision Facilitation Chair
The documents that support this process are linked below in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint formats. In addition, each document also is provided as a PDF that can be opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please contact Dick Hinton (email and phone at the top of the page) for more information.
|• Overview (Word)
• FAQs (Word)
• Pre-Vision Session Club Profile (Word)
• Facilitation Room Set-Up (Word)